Monday, June 3, 2013

Summer Must-Haves: Waterproof Makeup

We spent Memorial Day weekend at the lake in our old but cool Airstream. Knowing it was going to be a hot, sweaty weekend I took the opportunity to try out some waterproof makeup for the blog. Here's a list of what I tried and how it held up during all of our lake activities. 





Face: 
MAC Face and Body Foundation - this is good stuff! Of course I love most of MAC's foundations but this one is really great for summertime. It gives a natural finish with light to medium coverage and is water resistant and transfer resistant. So you can get in the water or just get really sweaty and this isn't going anywhere. I highly recommend it for summer. 

Yaby Concealer - a really great creamy concealer that is waterproof. It stayed all day and I didn't see any smudging or creasing under my eyes. 

Cheeks
e.l.f. Cream Blush - cream blush is always great for hot weather. It stays in longer and won't get patchy if you start to sweat a little. e.l.f. Cosmetics cream blushes are really good and only cost $3! 

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush - these are great for a long lasting blush! They come in several beautiful colors and will last all day! 

Eyes
Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hour Cream Gel Shadow - I think these really would last 24 hours. I don't know that for a fact but I'd probably bet on it. These go on great and are very easy to blend. They are great on their own or as an eyeshadow base and they come in tons of beautiful colors. 

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils - these are probably some of the best water resistant long wearing eye pencils. These lasted all day through the heat and water and looked great! They come in 40 awesome colors and also work great as an eyeshadow base. 

Essence Stays No Matter What Waterproof Eye Pencil - I've never used this brand before but I picked it up at Ulta to try it out. It worked really well! I just bought a basic Charcoal Gray color but they do make several other colors. It definitely held up to its waterproof claims. 

NYX Doll Eyes Waterproof Mascara - a great lengthening waterproof mascara. 

Maybelline The Colossal Waterproof Mascara- a good volumizing waterproof mascara. 

And last but not least, Urban Decay Primer Potion - this is always a great tool to have around when you want your eye makeup to last a long time. It never fails me! 

I hope you find this post useful for some hot weather makeup ideas! Have a great day!! 

- Gabs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment