Monday, July 8, 2013

My Favorite Green Smoothie Recipe

Hi guys! Before you say, "ew gross! I would never drink something green!" just hear me out. I'm a big fan of all vegetables and fruits in every form, so I had no problem or pause in trying these out, but if you are a little hesitant about drinking veggies, especially the green ones, let me assure you these taste so good! So be a big girl or boy, suck it up and try one out. I'll bet you'll love them and then you'll have a new quick and easy way to get more veggies in your daily diet. Here is my favorite recipe:



Basil Ginger Green Smoothie

2 big handfuls of fresh Spinach or Kale
2-3 leaves of fresh Basil
1 thick slice of fresh Ginger Root (peeled)
1/2 Lemon or Orange (peeled)
1 or 2 Kiwis (peeled)
1 Banana (peeled)
about 8 oz filtered water
Ice

Put everything in the blender going from lightest to heaviest (this helps push everything down toward the blade), blend and enjoy! 


Besides the fact that they taste fruity and fresh here are some benefits of Green Smoothies that might persuade you to give them a go:

#1 An easy way to get more green veggie servings in your diet every day!
#2 Increased energy (who doesn't want that?)
#3 Healthier, glowing skin
#4 Healthier digestion
#5 Weight loss
#6 Increased mental clarity (I really need this one ha!)

There are many more reasons these are so good for you. Here are a couple links to articles about the health benefits of adding Green Smoothies to your diet. I hope you give these a try! If you are already a green smoothie convert tell me your favorite recipe, I love trying new ones!

http://life.gaiam.com/article/10-health-benefits-green-smoothies

http://www.incrediblesmoothies.com/green-smoothies/green-smoothie-health-benefits/

http://www.greenthickies.com/health-benefits-of-green-smoothies/

No comments:

Post a Comment