Friday, July 23, 2010

I Am Obsessed! Review: Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar


 I found out about this product through one of my favorite YouTube gurus, xsparkage. (To go to her YouTube channel click here.) Then I kept seeing it turn up in several blogs and vlogs.  So I had to get some and try it out.  It is called Lip Tar by Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics and it is basically an extremely pigmented lip color that combines the longevity of lipstick with the feel and ease of application of lip gloss.  I just purchased one color, Memento, until I was sure that I liked it.  The verdict: I am so so so in love with this product!  I have never seen a lip product like it! It comes in a tube like a lip gloss, but looks like lipstick when applied.  It stays on a good long time and does not bleed or feather at all.  Plus it only takes the tiniest amount (about the size of a ladybug) on your lip brush for both lips, so one tube is going to last forever!  It slicks on nice and creamy and then dries down to a pretty satiny-matte finish and if you prefer a shinier look you can just pop a clear gloss on top. 

It comes in several very pretty lip colors, as well as blue, green, yellow, orange, brown, black and white (all of which are meant for mixing with other colors).  I purchased the color Memento, which is a salmon pink.  I will definitely be purchasing several more in the near future!  The Lip Tars cost $12.50 each, which may seem a little pricey, but when you think about how long they will last (years probably!) it is a really good deal. 




So, I am very enthusiastically recommending this product!  As soon as I get more colors I will post swatches on this site.  Until then you can go to xsparkage.com for pictures of several of the colors available.  Click here to go straight to her OCC Lip Tar post.  Click here for the link to OCC's website.

Hope this is helpful for all of you beauty addicts! Have a Glam day!!

Disclaimer: This product was purchased by me and these are my honest opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment