Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Long Time No Blog: 2 quick reviews

Hi guys! Sorry I have been MIA lately.  Life has been hectic, but it is starting to slow down again so you should be seeing 2-3 blog posts a week from me.  I will do my best! :)

To get started here are two quick reviews for you on some products I've recently started using. 

theBalm Balm Shelter Tinted Gloss SPF17 in Pin-Up Girl:






A friend of mine has been raving about this makeup line for a while and she recently gave me this gloss to try out.  Pin-Up Girl looks quite bright in the tube, but applies very sheer giving just a wash of pinky-red color.  It does feel very nice on the lips.  The consistency is somewhere between a lip gloss and lip balm.  There is really no taste to it, which is something I quite like in a gloss or lip balm.  I do not want something making me want to constantly lick my lips, thus removing all of the product.  It has a nice tropical smell (think strawberry-banana).  Overall I like it and will probably repurchase it.  That said however, it is a little pricey for a sheer color lip balm ($19).  It is nice that it is SPF 17 to protect your lips from the damaging rays of the sun.  You don't normally see SPF that high in lip gloss. 

You can find theBalm online at Sephora.com or thebalm.com.  Or if you live in my area, you can find it at Michelle's Chic Boutique in Woodward, OK.  (580) 254-0156. 

Maybelline The Falsies Volume Express Mascara:



I wanted to try this mascara mostly because of the unique style of the applicator brush.  I am a big fan of high volume black lashes (who isn't?) so I snapped it up last time I was in the drugstore.  It has a spoon shaped applicator brush which I really like.  It really does help to get the mascara right down in the base of the lashes and it does volumize the lashes like it claims it will.  The only thing I do not like about this product is that it gives you major spider-lashes (which is when your lashes get all clumped together). Yuck! In order to make this product work you have to really attack your lashes with a lash comb after applying the mascara to get them all separated before it dries.  If you don't mind having to do this, then this mascara will probably work for you. I however will not be repurchasing this product for that reason.  There are a lot of other mascaras out there that will give you this kind of volume without clumping your lashes together. 

I hope these reviews are helpful and thanks so much for reading!  Coming up next will be a big NYX Cosmetics Haul & Review.  If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below.  Until next time, stay Glamorous!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment